THE BASTOW AND BINNIE AWARD IN URBAN STUDIES is a scholarship awarded to Urban & Community Studies (UCS) majors from the University of Connecticut who seek to pursue a future related to urban studies. This year's award(s) is for $1,400.
Marc Bastow, an Urban Studies graduate, generously established this award for Urban and Community Studies students. The award(s) will be granted to students pursuing their undergraduate degree. The selection of the award will be based on academic merit, community involvement and need.
- Students must be a declared Urban & Community Studies major
- Students must be enrolled full time at UConn pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Preference will be given to students currently in their junior year, but all UCS majors are encouraged to apply, including previous applicants
Page 1: Fill out your personal contact and academic information.
Page 2: Please provide thoughtful answers to the following four questions.
- Why did you choose Urban and Community Studies as your major?
- How has your academic merit and/or community involvement made you a stronger candidate for this scholarship?
- What are your career plans as it relates to urban studies?
- Please explain your financial need as well as what impact this scholarship would have on your education.
Finally, submit your completed application electronically to email@example.com on or before this year's deadline.
Applicants will be sent an e-mail acknowledgement in approximately two business days, confirming that the program has received their application. The UCS program will announce the winners of the Bastow and Binnie Award before the end of May. Scholarship funds are credited toward the recipient's subsequent full time Fall 2022 semester tuition bill.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship or run into any issues with the application, please contact Maria Winnick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application is a Microsoft Word template. In some versions of Microsoft Word, you may have to press the “Enable Editing” button on the light yellow ribbon above the document before it will allow you to fill in the application fields. Please note, this application needs to be submitted in its original format as a .dotx or as a .pdf . Do not submit your application using Google Docs.
- Don’t forget to save a copy of your application on your computer before submitting it to our office.
- Don't forget to proofread your application.
Currently taking applications until stated deadline below.
Spring 2023 Deadline:
Submit applications on or before Thursday, March 23, 2023