Transfer page open book

Students interested in the Urban and Community Studies major seeking to transfer to the University of Connecticut, must follow the university's transfer admission's process. Below you will find helpful information and links regarding the transfer admissions process.

Who is eligible to apply for transfer admissions to UConn?

Individuals who have attained twelve or more credits from an accredited higher education institution are welcome to apply to the university through the transfer admissions process. UConn accepts over a thousand transfer students each year and has created a website to help students navigate the application process and answer frequently asked questions. On the Transfer Admissions site you will find the following information:

Transfer Admission Requirements

Tuition and Cost

Application Instructions

Program Requirements and Deadlines >click on the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences link

Transferring Credits /Credit Course Equivalencies

Veterans & Military Readmission

When does one declare Urban and Community Studies (UCS) as a major?

Students may choose the UCS major when initially submitting their application to UConn or they may fill out a declaration form after being admitted to the university. Admittance to UConn is determined by the university's Transfer Admissions Office. If you have questions regarding your application to attend UConn, please contact the Admissions Office. Students interested in learning more about the Urban and Community Studies major or how to go about declaring the major should contact the UCS Program.

What should I know if I am a  Community College student interested in transferring to UConn?

Individuals who begin their college career at one of Connecticut’s community colleges have a wonderful opportunity to take advantage of a special program providing guaranteed admission to the University of Connecticut. The Guaranteed Admission Program (GAP) is an agreement between the Connecticut Community College System and the University of Connecticut, designed for students who are enrolled in a Liberal Arts transfer program at one of Connecticut's community colleges. Students who plan to continue their studies to earn a bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences are guaranteed admission to the University of Connecticut once their associate degree has been earned, appropriate courses have been completed, and minimum grades and requirements for the selected program have been achieved. For more information regarding the GAP, please contact UConn's Transfer Admissions Office or your Community College Academic Advisor.


Two majors lifting up program shirts for Transfer Information Page