WISE – Direct Care Worker
Provides support both in-home and in other community settings to individuals with diagnosed mental illness with the ultimate goal of restoring participant’s ability to independently function and participate in social, interpersonal, family or community activities.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
1) High school diploma or GED.
2) Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
3) Written Communication/Reading Comprehension – Communicate effectively in writing and understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
4) Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
5) Critical Thinking – Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
6) Service Orientation – Actively look for ways to help people
For more information, click here!
(Please note: Job postings are being provided for informational purposes only. Anyone interested in applying for one of these positions is responsible for verifying all related information. The Urban and Community Studies Program, nor the University is recommending these employers nor guaranteeing the accuracy of the information furnished in the job posting.)
Posted April 26, 2017