The Urban and Community Studies Program (UCS) strongly encourages our majors to become actively engaged in their community. By stepping outside of the classroom and taking part in experiential learning, students not only gain a deeper understanding of topics discussed in their classes, but also gain greater insight about themselves and their career aspirations.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Here are just a few ways to become involved in your community at UConn….
- Take part in community events sponsored by the UCS program, or the university
- Register for courses with a service learning component
- Enroll in a community-based internship program through UCS
- Immerse yourself in the urban experience by enrolling in UConn’s Urban Semester Program, offered by the university’s Education Abroad office
- Join a civic minded UConn student organization
For more information on these opportunities, please click on the links above or contact either your UCS faculty advisor or your regional program representative.