THE BASTOW AND BINNIE AWARD IN URBAN STUDIES is a $2,000 scholarship awarded annually to two (2) Urban & Community Studies (UCS) majors from the University of Connecticut. Marc Bastow is an Urban Studies graduate who has generously established this award for Urban and Community Studies students. The two awards will be granted to students pursuing their undergraduate degree, one from the Storrs Campus and one from a regional campus. The selection of the award will be based on academic merit, community involvement and need.
- Students must be declared Urban & Community Studies majors
- Students must be enrolled full time at UConn
- Preference will be given to students currently in their junior year, but all majors are encouraged to apply including previous applicants
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 12pm noon
Download the application form by clicking here.
Page 1: Fill out your personal contact and academic information.
Page 2: Please provide thoughtful answers to the following four questions.
- Why did you choose Urban and Community Studies as your major?
- How has your academic merit and/or community involvement made you a stronger candidate for this scholarship?
- What are your plans and/or hopes for the future?
- Please explain your financial need as well as what impact this scholarship would have on your education?
Applicants will be sent an e-mail acknowledgement starting February 27th confirming that the program has received their application. The UCS program will announce the winners of the Bastow and Binnie Award before the end of the spring semester. Scholarship funds are credited toward the recipient’s subsequent full time fall semester tuition bill.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship or run into any issues with the application, please contact Maria Winnick at email@example.com or by phone at 860-570-9092.
The application is a Microsoft Word template. In some versions of Microsoft Word, you may have to press the “Enable Editing” button on the light yellow ribbon above the document before it will allow you to fill in the application fields. Please note, this application needs to be submitted in its original format as a .dotx to ensure that we can open it once it has been received by our office.
Don’t forget to save a copy of your application on your computer before submitting it to our office.
Don’t forget to proof your application.