Temporary University Specialist Position – Community Outreach Programs, Services and Initiatives
Temporary University Specialist Department of Student Activities
Community Outreach Programs, Services and Initiatives
The Department of Student Activities; Community Outreach Programs, Services, and Initiatives, is seeking a Temporary University Specialist to provide administrative support as well as entry-level program support. Under the Direction of the Associate Director for Community Outreach Programs, Services and Initiatives, this position will provide daily administrative support including but not limited to supporting data reporting for programs, payroll and supporting the students and staff on program planning and development. This position is located on the UConn Storrs Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the performance of the Office of Community Outreach Programs, Services, and Initiatives activities, including some program support and office support functions, making adjustments to accommodate priority needs.
- Serves as a resource to students, staff and others on matters relating to administrative procedures and program activities for the area
- Assist in planning outreach programs and services, conference planning and supporting arrangement for program logistics
- Coordinating, training, and overseeing student support staff for the area
- Maintaining program related data including service records of participants and programs and student payroll records; ensuring compliance with School and University policies and procedures
- Exercises general supervision over office personnel and office functions; processes and maintains necessary paperwork, records and files to support programs and services, including fiscal and personnel records
- Preparing student payroll requests and appropriate paperwork for all area programs, services and initiatives
- Processing personnel and fiscal transactions such as travel authorizations and expense reimbursements; student payroll, and purchase requisitions/orders
- Manages special projects, which may be short-or long-term and require knowledge of the Department of Student Activities, Community Outreach Programs, Services, and Initiatives
- May assist on department website to include developing and updating website content, as well as give recommendations or make decisions regarding layout design, content categorization, navigation, etc.
- Performing other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in subject area related to program specialty, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to three years’ experience in a responsible administrative support position, which demonstrates knowledge of administrative methods
- Ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgment regarding administrative detail and procedures
- Ability to provide entry-level program support
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good writing and communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated ability to actively foster a campus climate that is welcoming and supportive of the University of Connecticut’s diverse student body and encourages communication with and among University constituents
- Prior experience in a higher education academic setting
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and execute events
- Experience with Core-CT
- Experience in Excel, Word, Access and Outlook
- Experience using website applications such as Aurora WordPress
This is a temporary full-time position (35 hours per week) for a period of six months, with the possibility of extension dependent upon program needs and available funding. We have an anticipated start date of September 14th.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.
Gina DeVivo Brassaw, MSW
Associate Director for
Community Outreach Programs, Services, and Initiatives
Department of Student Activities
2110 Hillside Road, Unit 3008
Storrs, CT 06269
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
Posted August 15, 2017