Scholarship through the CT Assoc. of Lations in Higher Education, Inc.
CONNECTICUT ASSOCIATION OF LATINOS IN HIGHER EDUCATION, INC. (CALAHE) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the participation of Latinos in different areas post-secondary education in Connecticut. CALAHE offers several scholarships, below are the eligibility and application criteria.
CRITERIA AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Seniors or GED equivalent
- Undergraduate College Students
- Involvement with and commitment to activities that promote Latinos pursuit of higher education.
- Accepted for admission to an accredited institution of higher education
- Have a “B” average (3.0 College GPA) for all completed enrollment periods at the time of application.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must have been a Connecticut resident during the preceding 12 months.
- Limited to Latino students from Connecticut (except for the Rosa Quezada Memorial Education Scholarship).
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- To be eligible, applicants must be full time and seeking their first undergraduate degree.
- Recipients of the CALAHE Scholarship must attend a scholarship reception scheduled for Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 5:00 P.M. The location will be announced at a later date.
- Application Requirements: If any of these items are missing, your application will not be processed.
- Completed Scholarship Application
- Official Copy of Educational Transcripts
- High School Seniors: Submit a High School Transcript or GED results
- Undergraduates: Submit a College Transcript
- Copy of Student Aid Report (SAR) sent to you by the U.S. Department of Education
- Essay: “How do you feel education is going to impact your ability to continue assisting others to pursue an education?” (Maximum 2 page typewritten double space statement).
Award Amount: $1000.00
PLEASE INDICATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLYING FOR:
- CALAHE General Scholarship (students attending any accredited college or university in the state)
- Marta Vallin Memorial Scholarship (students attending Gateway Community College)
- John Soto Scholarship
- Thomas M. Blake Memorial Scholarship (for students in the Hartford Public School System)
Submit the following items:
Official high school or college transcript
Student Aid Report (SAR) sent to you by the U.S. Department of Education
The application must be postmarked by the established deadline. For this year’s deadline information and where to submit your application, please visit CALAHE’s website.
Posted July 23, 2014